Improve Your Plastic Injection Molding Business
Click here to go to the Stack Mold Design page for Thin wall Packaging
Hello, I am Paul Kuklych
When I first got started in mold making for plastic injection molding companies in Melbourne, Australia in 1989, I was surprised by the high capital investment required just to start a molding business.
The cost to purchase new machines was high so injection molders always tried to get the lowest price possible but for some reason the cost of long set up times, making reject parts and energy consumption were not much of an issue.
Today, however, it is a different story. Plastic injection molding companies are under constant pressure to make better quality parts at lower prices with shorter delivery lead times.
So as a molder, why would you settle for a cycle time of 30 seconds when it is possible to have 24 seconds. What’s more, why would you invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in machinery and moulds that will not live up to expectation?
Save Years of Learning About Injection Molding
If you are involved with plastic injection molding as a process technician, mold designer, industrial designer, business owner, engineering manager or mold maker then we would like to save you five years of learning so that you can:
After all, in order to deal with the pressure of today’s overseas competition and increasing energy costs it is essential that you have a well managed business that uses as few resources as possible while still adding value to your customers. In other words, having a lean manufacturing business.
So if you desire flawless production here you can read about the best ideas and techniques for increasing productivity that we have learned and developed over the past 20+ years.
Some of the things you will learn:
- How to reduce a moulding machines energy consumption. This is an important area that can see substantial reductions in your energy bill.
- Common mistakes made during moulding machine selection. A molding machine must be compatible with every mould that is used - for example, having the correct barrel size is critical to part quality.
- The reason for a common part quality issue that usually gets misdiagnosed.
- Why correct plastic material selection is a crucial step in producing quality parts. Getting this right during the early stages of a project is critical to long term success.
- How to avoid one of the most common mistakes in injection mold design. Doing this will save thousands of dollars in rejects.
- Why good mould design can only be achieved with a sound knowledge of the plastic injection molding process.
And much more...
- Lean Manufacturing Principles And Plastic Injection Molding
- Learn how Lean Manufacturing Principles can benefit your injection molding business...
- Plastic Injection Molding Machine Selection. Get It Right!
- The wrong plastic injection molding machine can cause serious part quality problems. If you are looking to select the right machine then here's how to do it.
- Common Injection Mold Design Mistake
- Learn why injection mold design is crucial to making quality parts
- Plastic Injection Mold Design Interlocking
- Learn tool design. How to make quality parts using correct plastic injection mold design interlocking principles.
- Quality Plastic Injection Mould Making
- Some plastic injection mould makers lack the essential qualities required to make a project work. Here are the most important qualities that a mould maker should have..
- Plastic Raw Material For Easier Processing
- Learn which plastic raw material will improve cycle time and part quality in injection molding
- Plastic Injection Molding Process Energy Cost Savings
- I am about to tell you something that no one else has ever told you about how to reduce your energy costs just by tweaking parameters in the Plastic Injection Molding Process.
- Plastics News
- Get The Latest Technology developments In Plastics News
- Plastic Injection Molding Site Blog
- The Plastic Injection Molding Site Blog lets you know when any new postings appear (like brief comments and suggestions on how to improve quality and productivity).
- Comments or questions here
- While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, and/or up-to-date. Read more...
- Site Map
- Find a list of all pages on this site
- Productivity Poll
- Productivity Poll
- Mold Polishing Tips For Injection Molds
- Learn about the different types of finishes in mold polishing
- 3D Rapid Prototyping in Injection Molding
- Learn how 3D rapid prototyping benefits the injection molding industry
Top of Page